Saturday, April 7, 2012

Weird Dreams


This past week was a very relaxing week for me, but also a very exciting one, which is why I think I had such a weird dream on Wednesday. Before I talk about the dream, here’s some background to understand more about my week prior to having the dream:
To start off the week, Monday afternoon, my friend Carrie told me about how my favorite band, Rascal Flatts, was coming to the State fair in August. That night I decided that no matter what we were going to go, since I hadn’t been able to go their concert the last time they came to Minneapolis.
On Tuesday, my boyfriend and I decided to go get a smoothie from Caribou and sit there for a little bit while doing homework. After talking a little bit, we decided to use his Ticketmaster gift card to go to a concert in May (a somewhat birthday present to me :) ), since we couldn’t use it for the Rascal Flatts concert in August (since the tickets weren’t available through Ticketmaster). We decided to go to one of my favorite singers concert, Eric Church, who is also coming with another country artist, Brantley Gilbert.
Wednesday night, before I went to bed, I began thinking about how excited for this summer’s coming concerts. As I doze off to sleep, I began to dream (this is from my point of view):
I am sitting in the upper deck of the Xcel Energy Center… but wait, my tickets are for upper deck at the target center?
Weird… oh well.
Oh! Yay! The concert is starting!
“RASCAL FLATTS! WOOO! I LOVE YOU!”
..Wait, I thought I was at the Eric Church concert…? Oh well, Rascal Flatts is fine with me!
…pause. No way.
He’s coming to our section!? NO WAY.
He’s walking down the aisle right now, getting closer and closer to me.. OH MY GOSH HE’S COMING TOWARDS ME!
“GARY, CAN I HAVE A HUG!?”
HE’S ACTUALLY HUGGING ME AND SINGING AT THE SAME TIME. OH MY GOSH EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT ME!!!
“EVAN, TAKE A PICTURE OF US!!!”
I can’t believe this is happening to me right now! He’s singing the whole song while just hugging me! AH!
Boom, reality. I woke up. Honestly, this dream was one of the weirdest one’s I’ve ever had. Obviously the excitement for the coming concerts was getting to my head, but I didn’t realize that I would be so obsessive in my dreams about it! It is really odd what our minds come up with while we are sleeping, especially something so extreme!
I also thought it was funny how much the events mixed together; I was at the venue that I had been at when I saw a completely different concert about 2 years ago, in the seats that I’m going to have for a concert coming up in May at a different venue, along with a completely different band that is going to be outdoors when performing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment